1. Go to Create a page link on Facebook.com. https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
2. Choose a classification for you page:
1. Local Business or Place
2. Company Organization or Institution
3. Brand or Product [Best Choice for a service provider]
3. Complete Basic Information
1. Upload Photo or Logo
2. Write a small blurb about your company. This will be on the main page when people visit.
4. Use Admin panel:
1. Edit Your page. You can 'update info' to change basic info
2. This is also where you can add extended info about the company
3. Build audience by inviting users/customers
5. Fill page with content
1. Add a cover photo the dimensions are 851 pixels by 315.
1. you can add a bigger pic and move it around to get the best composition
2. Add Custom tabs: There are four customizable tabs
1. They can be used for something like events, photos, groups
1. Add images or information to bring people to the page.
2. can be used for product announcements, anniversaries or major events for the company
4. Monitor how people are using it.
1. There is an area in the admin panel where you can see the private messages people send in
2. There is also an area in the upper left and center of the panel that shows all the posts people like and are commenting on.
3. respond to comments, greatest way to keep people coming back to page
5. Check your Efforts
1. Click the 'View Insights' option in the bottom-center of the admin panel.
1. this will show the reach and engagement to help you adapt the marketing efforts on Facebook on what's working and what isn't.
NOTE: Fan pages are limited to 5,000 friends. However, the number of likes for a brand/company is unlimited